Saturday, April 28, 2012

Paints and Plants







So I know I haven't blogged in awhile, But in my defense, I do have two toddlers to keep up with. But most importantly, the weather has been amazing and it would be a crime to spend a large amount of time inside. However, I woke up early today, so I figured now is a good time to get back on here.I did post some pictures of our outside adventures (Eisenhower Park, Duessen Park, the zoo!) Later I'll post a recipe for some button biscuits that my little ones love to snack on or have with honey for breakfast. But for now I'm just going to give you all an update on the Blackheart Garden.




These pictures are from last week. The sun hasn't surfaced as of yet, so I'm unable to get hot off the presses pictures. But you can see, we're making progress.


That's a Roma Tomato. They're about the size of a racket ball and the very first one starting turning red yesterday.

Questions to all you gardeners out there: I hear birds and caterpillars will come to eat my tomatoes. I haven't seen any signs of this happening? Am I just lucky?

Ok, the strawberries were doing amazing, and I think we were about a week off before being able to harvest our first few strawberries. However, Rose got excited and picked out six biggest strawberries, so it might be a little longer.
Remember these pictures were from last week.

The green beans are doing well. But they are producing many beans. Weird.
My green peppers are flowering but not much else, and my cucumber is trying to dominate the rest of the garden. Very annoying. All the herbs are doing well, and I'm excited about what to next in the front garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment